Sheraton Maldives Introduces 20 New Ocean Villas & “Ocean Plus”
The Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa has completed their highly anticipated re-launch with the addition of 20 new Ocean Villas located on the eastern side of the idyllic island paradise. When booking an Ocean Villa, the new all-inclusive “Ocean Plus” adds an immense value for the introductory offer. Available beginning October 1, 2010, rates start from $499USD per person, per night and valid for travel through December 23, 2010.
The new 20 Ocean Villas, designed by P49 from Thailand, round off the resort’s inventory for a total of 176 rooms. Their private, contemporary design is highlighted by uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean, spacious outdoor living space, including plunge pool, dining area, hammock, outdoor shower and a large garden seating area. Interiors include the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, a large bathroom with stand alone tub, walk-in closet and more!
The new all-inclusive “Ocean Plus”, only available when booking the new Ocean Villas, enhances the amazing living space by giving the guests the following inclusions:
· All premium brands of alcohol, beer and liqueurs at Anchorage Bar, excluding champagne or sparkling wine.
· Mini Bar – restocked once daily with beer, soft drinks, water and guest’s preferred spirits
· Buffet breakfast at Feast restaurant
· Choice of lunch venues (a la carte or buffet): Feast, Sand Coast or In-Villa Dining
· Dinner in any of our restaurants (a la carte or buffet): Feast, Sand Coast, Baan Thai, Sea Salt or In-Villa Dining
· Individual BBQs are located on the villa decks with menus available for lunch and/or dinner (not including Chef)
Male International Airport transfers for arrival and departure with Meet & Greet Airport representative
· Choice of one 50-minute signature massage at Shine Spa for Sheraton or one Water Sports excursion (select menu) per person, per day
· Snorkeling equipment for each guest throughout their stay
· Complimentary internet access in the Ocean Villas or Link@Sheraton
· Access to the Tennis Court, Sheraton Fitness Centre, all Indoor Games and all non-motorized water sports
· Welcome Amenities in the villa upon arrival
· Two bottles of water supplied daily in the Ocean Villas
· Variety of fresh juices, soft drinks and mineral water at all restaurants and bars
· Cold towels available at Anchorage Bar, adjacent to the swimming pool
· Weekly Beach Party with DJ
· Nightly entertainment provided 5 times a week
· Activities Calendar provided weekly
· Telescope for stargazing on Ocean Villa deck, on request basis
In addition to the 20 new Ocean Villas, Sheraton Maldives has introduced the following new features to the island in the last 6 months:
156 Newly Renovated Rooms – Sheraton has completed a $12M (USD) renovation on all room categories. All upgrades, also designed by P49, include a total soft refurbishment, enhanced lighting and fixtures, re-worked floors and bathroom enhancements.
Feast – The new Sheraton branded interactive buffet with live cooking stations. Guests have the opportunity to sample a variety of cuisines whilst engaging with the chefs who create a delicious range of dishes before their eyes.
Sea Salt – Is Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa’s signature restaurant. Adjacent to the lagoon, guest enjoy al fresco dining while watching our chefs barbeque the finest meats and seafood to perfection in the modern open kitchen setting.
Sand Coast – The revitalized beachside setting features a casual atmosphere with a new a la carte menu and wide range of light meals influenced from neighbouring regions. Dining at the water’s edge with your feet in the sand offers the island feel you’ve desired.
Sheraton Adventure Club – The all new complimentary kids club promotes exciting activities and introduces local Maldivian traditions to children ages 4-12 years old. The young ones can enjoy fun-filled days of beach games, arts & crafts, nature lessons and more!
Anchorage Bar – Nightly entertainment, whether live music or a DJ, shark feeding or the Sunset Ritual, make Anchorage Bar’s updated look the place to be. It now boasts comfortable day beds and lounges overlooking the Sheraton Maldives’ lagoon. Enjoy signature cocktails or light snacks while lapping waves and gorgeous sunsets are in the foreground.
Shine Spa for Sheraton – Located on its own private island, Sheraton Maldives was proud to debut the world’s first Shine Spa for Sheraton. Shine Spa houses 6 treatment rooms with views of the Indian Ocean, Relaxation Pools and a post-treatment Relaxation Room. Signature treatments are inspired from local influences surrounding the Sheraton Maldives (ocean, beach, flora) while also highlighting modalities from locations along the Silk Route; the Orient, Thailand, India, the Middle East and Mediterranean regions.
Last but not least, we are proud to introduce Chef Garth Welsh who has taken his creative genius and re-vamped all of the island’s menus since his arrival in May. Chef Garth, a native Australian, comes to Sheraton Maldives after 2 years at Amanpulo, an award-winning Aman Resort, located in the Philippines. With 10 years under his belt leading kitchen brigades, his experience has taken him through many of Sydney’s leading restaurants; including Hugo’s & Mu Shu. Prior to Amanpulo, he spent a year at Fiji’s famed Vatulele Island Resort.
All these major developments, complemented by the welcoming associates of Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa, have propelled the pristine island into the picturesque, luxury paradise you dream of when thinking of the Maldives. Says General Manager, David Martens, “We’re very proud of what we have achieved in a short period of time and as a result Sheraton Maldives has clearly emerged as the leading resort in the North Male Atoll. We’ve got a few more surprises up our sleeve so if you want to find out what they are, you’ll just have to come and see for yourself. We look forward to welcoming you!”.
The new Ocean Villas & “Ocean Plus” are available for bookings beginning October 1, 2010. Rates start from $499USD per person, per night for travel through December 23, 2010. Rates do not include airfare and applicable taxes. For more information, please contact your local travel agent or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +960 665 0224/5. www.sheraton.com/maldivesfullmoon.